Happy Tuesday folks!
Hope to see some of you all for support group tomorrow, the topics will be "Post Op Intimacy" and "Finding New Hobbies."
Self improvement and living a lifestyle of wellness doesn't just include eating habits and exercise habits. Hobbies encourage us to take breaks from our busy lives and offer new experiences and challenges. Engaging in activities that make you feel happy will be a healthy distraction that can make you less stress and allow you to explore yourself and your talents. We've included some ideas that might give you a boost in the right direction towards the happy healthy you.
1. Gardening, Summer is right around the corner and getting your hands dirty might help you de-stress and get in some physical activity as well as improve your hand strength.
2. Yoga. Yoga comes in many different levels and can be beneficial for any age and fitness level. Yoga adds a physical activity element that can boost your energy and promote physical strength and health. Mindfulness is a very important characteristic of yoga and will help you become more aware and less stressed while improving your productivity.
3. Reading. Reading will keep you stimulated and help boost your memory especially when it is a good book. Reading is a simple form of entertainment that may give you that stress relief that you need.
4. Pets. If able to getting an animal can increase your well being mentally and physically. Owning a pet can keep you active and increase physical activity while also providing a support system when you need it.
5. Volunteering. Giving back to your community may be that extra something that you need to help feel like you are making a difference and leave you will a sense of fulfillment.
Other beneficial hobbies for self improvement
8. Drawing comics
12. Lino cutting (carving)
15. Dog walking (apps such as rover)
17. Wood crafting
19. DIY (buy a book that has things that include fixing around the house, presents, clothes etc.)
20. Board Games
21. Start Investing
22. Start Budgeting
23. Teach yourself a language
24. Learn magic
25. Learn origami
26. Play Sudoku
27. Practice meditation
28. Start a blog
29. Start running
30. Join a sports team
32. Build a kite
33. Start collecting
34. Try geocaching
35. Try bird watching
Quote of the day: To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness- Robert Morley